1958 COOPER-CLIMAX GRAND PRIX, 1.96 LITRES (GB): HISTORY OF THE MOTOR CAR: Illustrated by Kenneth Rush Described by Peter Hull: Issued with BROOKE BOND TEA And Tea Bags, Heathrow House, Cranford, Middlesex | British & Far East Traders Lifestyle & Shopping Blog
Spread the LOVE with BRITISH & FAR EAST TRADERS and PARTNERS
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    2
    Shares

 

   

1958 COOPER-CLIMAX 

GRAND PRIX, 

1.96 LITRES (GB):

HISTORY OF THE MOTOR CAR:

Illustrated by Kenneth Rush

Described by Peter Hull: 

Issued with BROOKE BOND TEA

 And Tea Bags,

Heathrow House, Cranford, Middlesex: 

A SERIES OF 50 NO. 45

    
 
John Cooper (b.1923) with his father Charles
 had built very successful little 500 c.c racing cars
 immediately after the war, 
with rear mounted motorcycle engines
After building front engined Formula 2 (voiturette) Bristol-engined cars,
they entered the Grand Prix field with this basically
Formula 2 Coventry-Climax mid-engined car 
under the sponsorship of Rob Walker
and with its low weight and small frontal area 
it beat the larger 2 1/2 litre front engined cars early in 1958 
in the Argentine and Monaco Grand Prixs. 
Within 3 years the Cooper layout 
with the engine behind the driver 
was universal in Grand Prix racing. 
   
      
 
 
 
    
 
Follow BRITISH and FAR EAST TRADERS on SOCIAL:

Spread the LOVE with BRITISH & FAR EAST TRADERS and PARTNERS
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    2
    Shares
  •  
    2
    Shares
  •  
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
×





error: Alert: BRITISH & FAR EAST TRADERS & PARTNERS HAVE PROTECTED THE CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE!