100 Years JUBILEE
Kingdom of Wurttemberg
The Kingdom of Württemberg
was a German state that existed from 1805 to 1918,
located within the area that is now Baden-Württemberg.
The kingdom was a continuation of the Duchy of Württemberg,
which existed from 1495 to 1805.
Prior to 1495, Württemberg was a county in the former Duchy of Swabia,
which had dissolved after the death of Duke Conradin in 1268.
The borders of the Kingdom of Württemberg,
as defined in 1813,
lay between 47°34′ and 49°35′ north and 8°15′ and 10°30′ east.
The greatest distance north to south comprised 225 kilometres (140 mi)
and the greatest east to west was 160 km (99 mi).
The border had a total length of 1,800 km (1,100 mi)
and the total area of the state was 19,508 km2 (7,532 sq mi).
The kingdom had borders with Bavaria on the east and south,
with Baden in the north, west, and south.
on most of its sides and touched on Lake Constance.
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License;
additional terms may apply.